Wednesday 26 February 2014

Review: Think Tank #12

Ok, so next up to read of my catch up, I decided, had to be Think Tank #12, if for no other reason than this is also a finale (of sorts. This is now the end of 'season 1'). This issue (apparently) is the end of the first volume of the story and though it was a while since issue 11, I just had to know how it was going to end.

Picking up right where 11 finished off, with world war III on the horizon, David Loren has walked into a Chinese university and proceeds to kill (unwillingly) everyone around him with what appears to be his own creation. As he makes his way to a containment facility to prevent anymore deaths, he begins to come to the realisation that he has been used and that he might not live to escape his forced servitude after all.

This title has been, overall, a terrific series from start to finish, but this issue just knocks it out of the park. This is one of those pure eleventh hour finales that just grabs you at break neck speeds and doesn't let go. I don't think I could've put this book down before I finished it even if I had a gun to my head.

Matt Hawkins and Rahsan Ekedal have capped a great series with a tremendous finale. It's action packed, it's fast-paced and really racks up the drama and tension, with the protaganist having really become fleshed out, turning his whole story from an arrogant dick largely about saving his own ass to  someone who seems genuinely caring about other people and the world at large. I almost believed (and worried truth be told) that Loren wasn't gonna live past this issue (fortunately, future solicits told me otherwise).

Now maybe I'm too easy to please, but there was no fault with this issue (minus maybe the delay in it's release, but hey, it happens), it was an incredibly fun issue ending an incredibly fun series, finished in a way that more installments are sure to come. I certainly hope that is the case and more issues will come but if not then that's no bad thing as I've still all these issues to re-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment